Providence Eye & Laser Specialists is excited to announce its 10-year anniversary in March 2013! Join our family in celebrating 10 years of state-of-the-art LASIK vision correction surgery and quality, comprehensive eye care.
Top 10 Highlights Surrounding Business Growth, Technological Advancements and Proud Moments
- In March of 2003, Dr. Mozayeni took a leap of faith to open his own practice. There were four people in the office: Dr. Mozayeni, our awesome Practice Manger Rey Wilson and two Ophthalmic Technicians. Today, along with Dr. Mozayeni and our still awesome Practice Manager Rey Wilson, we have two optometrists, four ophthalmic technicians, a front desk administrator, and an insurance coordinator. From four employees to 10!
- In March of 2003, there were a total of 113 appointments for the month. In March of 2013, there are 819 and still counting.
- Dr. Mozayeni used to enjoy 3-hour lunches in 2003. Not anymore! Thirty minutes for lunch if he is lucky.
- In 2003, we had a basic web site, yellow pages listings and newspaper ads. Today we have a dynamic web site that provides a wealth of information for our patients. We are on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram - none of which existed in 2003. How times have changed!
- In the span of 10 years, we have invested more than $3.5M in state-of-the-art technology so our patients experience premium care, including the latest WaveLight Allegretto Eye-Q Laser.
- Thanks in part to advanced technology, laser vision correction patients at Providence Eye spend an average of only 10-15 minutes in the environmentally controlled state-of-the-art laser suite.
- Our family business added the gifted expertise of Dr. Vanessa Mills in 2004, who always pursue our mantra of quality over quantity.
- We are proud to treat every person who walks through our door like they are members of our own family. We have performed laser vision correction on people we know and don't know, including: moms, dads, children of our patients, police officers, firefighters, US Airways pilots & flight attendants, members of the FBI, bloggers, roller derby players, minor league baseball players, an NBA Player and our awesome radio personalities: Bob Lacey from The Bob & Sheri Show on 107.9 The Link, Stacey Simms formerly of 1110 AM WBT, Tony "The Hitman" on 610 AM WFNZ, Riggins from The Ace & TJ Show on 96.1FM and most recently Cassiday from the Drex & Maney Show on Kiss 95.1 and on Fox News Edge.
- Providence Eye deeply values our patients as well as our Charlotte community, which has inspired us to make donations as various levels to great organizations and educational institutions such as: The American Red Cross, American Heart Association, Patriot Charities, Safe Alliance (formerly United Family Services), Isabella Santos Foundation, St. Gabriel's Catholic Schools, Providence Day School and Myers Park Traditional School.
- Dr. Mozayeni is a true "Doctor's Doctor," having performed dozens of laser vision correction surgeries on fellow doctors and their families. He has also been nominated as a Best Doctors in America® recipient from 2007-2013, an award given to only 5% of doctors in the United States.
We're Commited to be the Best, Not the Busiest
So much has changed but one thing has not, our commitment to be the best not the busiest and to treat each person like an individual. We are proud of how far we have come and could not have done it with out our incredible patients, fantastic staff, and unbelievable business partners. The future is bright for Providence Eye & Laser Specialists. More positive growth is in our future and we are excited to share it with our current and future patients.