Recycle and Donate Contact Lenses
Do you have a pair of old glasses or contact lenses that you no longer wear? Have you recently had a successful LASIK surgery or a change in your prescription?
Recycle your unused, unexpired and unopened contact lenses by donating them to places like Goodwill, New Eyes or the nono-profit organization DonateContacts. While many of Goodwill facilities accept unused contact lenses and used glasses, be sure to call the location nearest to you to double check.
When you donate contact lenses, you are helping to meet vision needs in communities and providing solutions for those who may not be able to afford contacts and/or glasses otherwise. Please check the expiration date on contact lenses and ask who you donate contact lenses/glasses to what their acceptance policy is, as some organizations may not accept lenses that expire within a certain timeframe.
Lenses and Eyewear Supplies You Can Donate
- Eyeglasses (preferably in cases)
- Eyeglass Cases
- Contact Lenses
- Contact Cases
- Contact Lens Cleaning Solution
How to Donate Contact Lenses & Recycled Eyeglasses
- Call the organization you'd like to donate contacts lenses and/or glasses to and ask if they accept either or both.
- Ensure unused contacts meet acceptance requirements in terms of expiration dates.
- Carefully package unused, unexpired lenses or glasses to protect them from damage.
- Mail or ship glasses and lenses to the most appropriate location.