LASIK Types 101
Determining the best LASIK eye surgery procedure for you is critical to achieving optimal results. This is a decision that needs to be made by you and Dr. Mozayeni based on your corneas, eye health, lifestyle, and desired goals. During your complimentary LASIK consultation, Dr. Mozayeni will assess these elements with you and discuss the pros and cons of the various LASIK types available at our practice.
LASIK Types Available at Providence Eye
At the conclusion of your consultation, Dr. Mozayeni will recommend one of the following LASIK types:
- All-Laser LASIK
- PRK All-Laser No Flap LASIK
- Monovision All-Laser LASIK or PRK
- Contoura™ Vision Topography Guided LASIK
- Additional testing, time, or trial to determine the best procedure at a later date
- That you not have LASIK vision correction surgery
Factors to Consider When Choosing Your LASIK Type
During your LASIK consultation, there will be multiple factors to consider in determining the best type of laser vision correction procedure for you. These factors include, but are not limited to:
- How bad is your vision?
- Do you wear glasses or contacts to see far away?
- Do you wear glasses or contacts to read?
- Do you have any astigmatism?
- Do you have or are you prone to dry eye?
- What is the shape and structure of your corneas?
- What is the thickness of your corneas?
To take the first step and determine what LASIK type is best for you, schedule your complimentary consultation with Dr. Mozayeni.