At Providence Eye, we pride ourselves on our LASIK suite for many reasons. If you’re wondering why our LASIK technology is so integral to our practice, read below to learn about our history, as well as some fun and important facts.
The Evolution of Providence Eye's LASIK Technology
- We have never used a microkeratome (blade) to perform LASIK surgery in our LASIK suite. Even in 2003, when Dr. Mozayeni opened Providence Eye with no patients, he invested in all-laser technology, because he knew it was better for his patients.
- In 2012, Dr. Mozayeni invested in the WaveLight FS200 Femtosecond Laser. Its arrival to the United States LASIK industry in October 2010 brought us the most significant LASIK technology upgrade in 10 years!
- In 2014, Dr. Mozayeni invested in the WaveLight EX500 Excimer Laser, the fastest excimer laser on the market. This laser has had multiple updates, and we have the most up-to-date version available.
- Our lasers are “sister” lasers; they are designed to work together. The lasers are connected by a patient bed which swivels between the two lasers. This means the patient never needs to get up and move around.
- Over the past 18+ years, Providence Eye has made five LASIK technology upgrades. This reflects Dr. Mozayeni’s commitment to always invest in proven, leading-edge technology that will deliver safe, precise, and optimal results to his patients.
Our LASIK Suite
- Our laser suite is temperature-controlled, separate from the rest of our office. This is important for optimal laser performance.
- The eye tracker in the WaveLight EX500 tracks the eye 1050 times per second! Now that’s fast!
- There is a large, beautiful arched window facing Providence Road in our laser suite. On surgery day, it is covered with a thermal blackout shade to block light and heat.
- The laser suite has a sophisticated air filtration system to eliminate dust from interfering with the laser.
- Dr. Mozayeni was the first LASIK surgeon in the Charlotte region to offer all-laser, blade-free LASIK utilizing these two complementing FDA-approved lasers: the WaveLight FS200 laser and the WaveLight EX500 laser. His experience with all-laser LASIK far exceeds all other surgeons in the area.
Thanks to Dr. Mozayeni’s exceptional surgical skills, he and Providence Eye have received the exclusive designation of The WaveLight Center of Excellence for the Southeast. With this designation, we will be a host site to assist and demonstrate the WaveLight FS200 and EX 500 laser. We’re proud to provide the best LASIK experience for our patients.
Interested in seeing our LASIK suite in person? We’ll give you a full tour during your complimentary LASIK consultation. Contact us to schedule yours today!